Short Biography of the life of Nathan Field - Elizabethan actor
The following biography information provides basic facts about the life Nathan Field:
- Nationality - English
- AKA - Nat or Nathaniel
- Lifespan - Nathan Field (1587 - 1619)
- Family - his father was the Puritan preacher John Field
- Acting Troupes: Member of the Children of the Queen's Revels and the King's Men
- Career - Actor and writer
- Famous for : He was named as one of the 26 actors who performed in the plays which were listed in William Shakespeare's First Folio which was published in 1623
The reputation of the early Elizabethan Actors was not good and any were viewed as no better than rogues and vagabonds - actors were not trusted. The standing of actors improved when the purpose-built theatres were introduced and some Elizabethan actors became the equivalent of today's superstars.
Facts & History about the life of Nathan Field - Elizabethan Actor
The following are additional facts about the life and history of Nathan Field:
- Born in London and baptized October 17, 1587
- His father was the Puritan preacher John Field
- His brother became the Bishop of Llandaff
- Attended St. Paul's School, London
- In 1600 he became a member of the Children of the Queen's Revels
- This company disbanded in 1608
- Richard Burbage brought the company together as a syndicate of players to run the Blackfriars playhouse
- In 1609 the King’s Men took it over and Nathan Field became a member of the King's Men acting troupe
- He was rumoured to have fathered a child by the Countess of Argyll. In 1619 pamphlet circulated stating that the Earl of Argyll had paid "for the nourseing of a childe which the worlde says is a daughter to my lady and N. Feild the Player."
- He wrote A Woman's a Weathercock (1612) and the Fatal Dowry (published 1632)
- He died in 1619
- He was named as one of the leading actors who performed in the plays which were listed in William Shakespeare's First Folio
- The First Folio was published in 1623 and contained approximately 900 pages containing 36 of the plays by William Shakespeare. It was entitled "Mr. William Shakespeare's Comedies, Histories & Tragedies"
Interesting Facts and information about the History, Life & Times of the famous Elizabethan actor, Nathan Field. Additional details, facts and information about the Globe Theatre and other actors can be accessed via the Globe Theatre Sitemap.